Summer Reading Project -- Please select books that interest you at your reading level or above and complete the assignment for your grade level found in the attachment below. If you have questions, please email me. Have a fantastic summer!
1. Focus Question Swap -- Peer Revision Period
1. Revisions - Final Draft due
1. Review gist and vocal for "The Life of Mine Okubo"
2. Focus Question work period
1. Finish first draft of Focus Question
1. Japanese Culture -- Invisibility -- Discussion
2. The Life of Mine Okubo - Read and Structured Notes
1. Structured Notes
1. Examples of Invisibility and Resistance in Unbroken
2. Based on what you have read in Unbroken about Japanese society during the time of World War II, how did the value of surrender being a terrible thing contribute to the invisibility of captives? What evidence do we have here that war is an extreme event that can sometimes bring out the worst in people?
1. Focus Question -- Frederick Douglass' Slave Narrative allusion
1. Read chapter 20
1. Figurative Invisibility examples in Unbroken
2. Chapter Nineteen - read and gist
1. Vocab skits
2. Dignity Word Web
3. Dignity class discussion
1. Create digital chart for Invisibility
1. Focus Question Reviews
1. Revised Focus Questions due Wednesday