Summer Reading Project -- Please select books that interest you at your reading level or above and complete the assignment for your grade level found in the attachment below. If you have questions, please email me. Have a fantastic summer!
1. "The Cask of Amontillado" ending rewrite
2. "The Big Snit"
3. Discussion Questions: “The Big Snit”
1. What is your impression of the characters? How does the animator portray them?
2. What is the theme of The Big Snit?
3. What is the relationship between the actions of the characters and the actions going on outside the house? Is this irony? What type of irony is this?
4. What is the attitude of the characters towards the events occurring outside their house? How are they affected by those events?
5. Why is it important for us to pay attention to larger issues in the world?
1. Share Mitty's Daydreams
2. "The Cask of Amontillado"
3. Journal Response: What did Poe do that was particularly effective in this story?
4. Ending Rewrite
1. "The Sniper" Questions
2. "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" Read
3. Write your own daydream for Walter
1. Sitcom Share -- Elements of a short story
2. Read "The Sniper"
3. Discussion Questions