2. Review today's Learning Targets:
* “I can analyze how Linda Sue Park develops and contrasts the points of view of Nya and Salva.”
* “I can effectively engage in discussions with my classmates about our reading.”
* “I can select ideas from my notes to support my analysis of the characters Nya and Salva.”
3. World Cafe - Chapters 1-5 of A Long Walk to Water
(a) How do culture, time, and place influence Nya's character in ways that are different from Salva?
(b) How do culture, time, and place influence Salva's character in ways that are different from Nya?
(c) How do culture, time, and place influence Nya and Salva in similar ways?
4. Planning for pre-writing - graphic organizers
1. Read independent reading book (10 minutes)